The Series II Land Rover was introduced in 1958 and ran to 1961. It came in 88’ and 109’ wheelbases which were referred to as ‘SWB’ and ‘LWB’ versions. It had a slightly wider track than the S1 and an improved interior and was the first version to use the well-known 2¼ litre 72 hp petrol engine, although the first 1,500 or so short wheelbase models retained the original 52 hp 2 litre unit from the Series 1.
This 1959 88’ short wheelbase 2.286cc example was completely restored by Land Rover specialist Warne Restorations Ltd and used a new galvanised chassis. All the running gear and mechanicals have been overhaul and the body repainted in ‘sand stone’. The work was completed in Dec. 2016 and has only covered a few ‘shake down’ miles since, the current milage showing as 73,399. It remains in excellent overall condition both mechanically and cosmetically and is supplied with the UK logbook, details and some photos of the restoration work. In great running order it is ready to go. SOLD.
1959 Land Rover SII 88″
Chassis Number: SABTVR03603302323
Engine Number: 151910392
Registration: RFF 167