Factory records show the bike was despatched 24th Jan. 1939 to Kings of Oxford. Originally built as a rigid frame bike with Druid forks it was converted to a sprung rear frame with Castle forks. This work most likely carried out by the factory in Nottingham as it was not unusual for customers to have their bikes upgraded, the works prototype MX.80 having been previously been modified in the same way.
Not much early history of the bike is known, it is believed that it was later fitted with a sidecar and hand gear selector for a rider who sustained injuries during World War II, the hand gear selector remains on the bike.
The bike was laid up for many years and rediscovered in a garage lying underneath a huge pile of books. Now in running order it featured in the Brough Class of Salon Prive Concours 2019 which celebrated 100 years of the marque and is now available for sale. A matching numbers example that also features the original oil tank it is supplied with an old RF60 continuation logbook and an old V5 registration certificate as well as the current UK V5C logbook. It also has a copy of the works record card and a history letter from the Brough Superior Club.