This SS80 DeLuxe (plunger frame) was collected personally from the Brough works, Hayden Road Nottingham on 3rd June 1938 by Capt. G.W Angus, clearly an avid motorcyclist as he owned two other Broughs, his former 11.50 now residing in Jay Leno’s collection in the USA.
Little is known of the Capt. but an original buff logbook shows three owners from 1958 to 1960 and then with one owner from 1970 to 1996.
During that time the forks had been replaced from the original Castle units to the Monarch forks now fitted, and the bike now carries engine number BS/X 54475 (originally 4702).
Restored in 2007 by a BS Club member the bike remains in good general order and has had further re commissioning work in our own workshop. It is supplied with a copy of the works record card, various documents regarding the restoration work and the current UK V5C bearing its original registration number of ETV 254.
Mechanically it is a fine running example and is ready to be used. Overall this is a very presentable SS80 with a nice patina and a good history.