The G12 was one of the last bikes to be built by AMC (Associated Motor Cycles) that carried the Matchless badge. With stiff competition from BSA and Triumph its sales suffered although it was built mainly for the American market where it became very popular. Production ceased in 1966 at the closure of the Matchless works in Plumstead London, a sad end to company that revolutionised the Motorcycle industry in the early 1940’s with the first commercial introduction of oil damping telescopic front forks. This G12 from 1960, is a CSR model which stood for ‘Competition/Sport/ Road’ and featured an uprated cam shaft.
Suppled new by Kings of Oxford it was dispatched by the factory 8th Dec. 1959 and registered soon after. A matching number bike is was restored recently to a high standard by the previous oner and remains in first class order both mechanically and cosmetically. In ready to go condition it is supplied with dating letters from the AJS & Matchless owners club and the UK registration documents.