MG’s VA was launched at the 1936 Earl’s Court Motor Show and stayed in production until 1939 with a total of 2,407 examples made. Fitted with a tuned version of the push-rod overhead valve four cylinder 1548cc TPBG engine it had twin SU carbs and developed 54bhp mated to a four speed gearbox.
Retaining its original number this example has a buff log book that shows it was registered in Sutton / Surrey area for many years. Remaining in good mechanical order the previous owner, an MG specialist has kept the car well maintained and recently had the carbs rebuilt. It has a various service bills in the history file as well eighteen old MoT’s. Although solid the body and paint needs attention as does the 79 year old interior which is largely original. Fitted with new wheels and tyres this is a lovely survivor of what is believed to be just a hundred or so remaining.