Built 25th November 1955 this BN2 100/4 was dispatched to the USA where it remained until it was imported back to the UK in 1989. It was then subject to a lengthy and comprehensive restoration to ‘M’ Spec and conversion to right hand drive. The body shell was completely stripped and the chassis and panels were restored by Rawles Motor Sport it was re-painetd to its original colour of black and the interior re trimmed in leather to its original colour red.
The mechanical work included and engine rebuild with an alloy cylinder head with unleaded conversion, high lift M cams, high comp. M pistons and rods that were balanced, new crank and AH 3000 flywheel with a new clutch. In addition it has a high torque starter, sports coil, new alternator and Mallory distributor.
The exhaust system is a Derrington stainless 4 branch manifold system and as you would expect it has a 4 speed with O/D gearbox that was restored by Hardy Engineering who also overhauled the Diff. The suspension has new M spec coil springs and anti-roll bars.
This extensive work was completed in 2009 and the car re registered in the UK and since then it has had just two owners.
A matching number example that remains in excellent overall condition the car has just received new brake pistons all round and new shoes on the rear axle, it comes with a photo record of the body restoration and a big file of bills and receipts for work completed and parts used as well as a BMIHT certificate and the current UK logbook.