Production of the Lagonda Rapier started in the spring of 1934 and was sold as a rolling chassis so customers could choose their own coachbuilder and body style.
The Langonda designed 1,104cc twin cam engine produced 45bhp with twin SU’s. Built under licence by Coventry Climax Ltd it was mated to a ENV four-speed pre-selector gearbox and gave a top speed of 75mph, revving to an impressive 5,500 rpm! fortunately 13″ diameter Girling brakes were fitted.
Records show that chassis number ‘D11339’ was bodied as a fixed-head coupé by E D Abbott of Farnham and delivered to Central Garage, Bradford in January 1935 and then registered in Wakefield, West Yorks as ‘AAK 205’.
The Rapier register have records of the the car as far back as 1958. Purchased in 1971 in a totally dismantled state it later underwent a comprehensive restoration that was finished in 2004, this included a well proportioned new four seater touring body that it now carries.
A well documented date list of restoration work is with car plus lots of invoices and bills that also show an engine rebuild in 2021 with new big-end bearings, timing chains, refaced cylinder head and the clutch relined.
Retaining it’s original engine that is in excellent running order it is supplied with a Vintage Sports Car Club passport, history file and current UK V5C. This is great condition and well maintained example of what is widely recognised as one of the finest small sporting cars of the 1930s.