The White Helmets motorcycle display team had its origins in precision motorcycling and horseriding demonstrations given by instructors and students from the British Army Signal Training Centre in Yorkshire as far back as 1927. They adopted the name ‘White Helmets’ in 1963 and relocated to the Army signals camp in Blandford Dorset.
The team did regular stunt displays at county shows and fairs and military tattoos across the UK and abroad and was a feature at the Royal Military Tournaments in London and Edinburgh.
At the end of the 2017 season the team was sadly disbanded after a final appearance at Blandford on the 30th Sept. most of the bikes were given to sponsors but fortunately a few were sold, this is no. 27 of the 30 or so bikes used that was built in 1999 with the assistance of LF Harris Int. Ltd.
Recently the bike has been the subject of a sympathetic restoration by Ace Classics which has included a full engine rebuild with new pistons, valves, guides, cams etc.
It is now fitted with Boyer electric ignition and a slave battery. It is suppled with a history file from Royal Signals that contains an authentication cert and details of where the bike ran and who rode it as well as some photos of the team and a plaque.
A interesting piece of Triumph motorcycle history for any avid collector.